“Chemotherapy is like having the worst flu. I would feel like a truck ran over me,” she says. “My bones ache everywhere and I would get very bad headaches. I would get so nauseous that I can’t even lift my head up.”
For patients such as Ellen, house cleaning is not a priority as they go through treatment. This is where Cleaning for Cancer ( http://www.cleaningforcancer.org ) steps in. Cleaning for Cancer is a 501c3 organization offers free home cleaning service to cancer patients across the U.S.
Founder and executive director Nadege Desravines says Cleaning for Cancer ( http://www.cleaningforcancer.org ) helps cancer patients worry less about their home so they can focus on healing and recovery. Desravines, who is only 25, started the company because both her grandmothers died from cancer.
Cancer patients or their family members can apply for free cleaning service is available online and only requires a doctor’s approval. Once approved, Cleaning for Cancer sends a cleaning service partner to the patient’s home once a month for three months. The free service ranges from cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, to steam cleaning carpets or tile floors.
For cancer patient Ellen Jacobs, resources such as Cleaning for Cancer are invaluable. “I didn’t even know they existed until someone mentioned them in an online cancer forum.” Resources such as Cleaning for Cancer help make a cancer patient’s battle for recovery easier.
Cleaning for Cancer is a national non-profit 501(c)3 organization based in Boca Raton, Fla. The organization provides residential cleaning services for free to cancer patients undergoing treatment. Cleaning for Cancer partners with both local and national cleaning businesses, which volunteer their cleaning services. Established recently, the organization quickly grew and now serves cancer patients nationally. For more information or to donate, visit cleaningforcancer.org.
(Via Press Release)
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record