Science in Context is an online resource accessible through the Boca Raton Public Library‟s Homepage. It contains media-rich resources that provide homework help, promote lifelong learning, and enhance information literacy in all areas of science, including physics, chemistry, astronomy, biology, and mathematics. Also included are resources in science history, biography, and space technology.
This database includes the full-text contents from more than 150 sets of science reference books, as well as more than 1.5 million science-related articles from newspapers, magazines, and scientific journals. There are 16,000 images and videos and more than 170 detailed science experiments.
Science in Context will be one of the featured resources in a workshop for students, Databases to Help Make Homework Easy. This class will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5, in the Meeting Room of the Spanish River Library, 1501 NW Spanish River Blvd. Other research topics will include biography, history, literature, and current events. For more information visit the Boca Raton Public Library Reference Desk, or call (561) 393-7906. No registration is required.
(Courtesy City of Boca Raton Newsletter).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing