Two brothers, one with a self described drug addiction, have been arrested by Boca Police following a string of residential burglaries in the city and nearby. Boca’s SWAT team executed a warrant at 3698 NE 4th Avenue, finding six people at home and reportedly items stolen from area residences.
During the search, 17 year old Anthony Sasso told Boca detectives that he was responsible for several burglaries including one in the 400 block of NE 37th street, the 500 block of NE 35th Street, and one on East Camino Real. Police say he admitted to taking jewelry, camera equipment, ammunition, and shotgun he traded for marijuana. Sasso was also questioned about a burglary in the 500 block of NE 38th street, but said he has no recollection of the crime, although admitted he had a ‘drug problem’ and may have forgotten about it. The 17 year old also admitted to committing a burglary in Jupiter with his brother Richard, in which police say they stole a number of firearms including a .22 caliber rifle.
Detectives arrested Anthony Sasso and charged him with armed burglary, two counts of burglary, two counts of grand theft, grand theft of a firearm, petit theft, and three counts of criminal mischief and grand theft of a motor vehicle. His brother, Richard Sasso, is charged with grand theft of a fire arm.
Boca Police ask anyone with additional information to please contact Detective Rob Adams at 561-620-6044.
ABOVE: Anthony Sasso, 17 years old (left) and Richard Sasso Jr (Right) dob 5/12/1988. Photos courtesy Boca Raton Police Department.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Fainting At The Jewelry Exchange, Sick At Publix, Trauma At A Park
- Area Realtor Charged With DUI In Delray Beach
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony