BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) Boca Police are investigating an attempted robbery at Deli On The Rye located at 4311 North Federal Highway.
Investigators say a white male in his mid-20s, approximately 5’10” to 6-feet tall weighing roughly 150 pounds entered the deli around 1:27 on Sunday afternoon, walked to the rear of the store, and then approached the cash register located at the front of the store. The suspect purchased a bag of chips with a $5 bill, but when the employee opened the cash register to make change, the suspect apparently lunched across the counter and tried to take money from the drawer.
The female employee, police say, briefly struggled with the suspect and was able to push the suspect’s hand away and slammed the cash register shut with her hip.
As the suspect fled, the employee then found the owner who briefly gave chase until the suspect said, “if you follow me, I’ll put a cap in you.” His hand was wrapped in a black towel and may have contained a weapon.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cruz at 561-338-1320, or Palm Beach Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
Photo: Suspect from surveillance video.
Click here to view the video.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton