BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) Boca Police are investigating an attempted robbery at Deli On The Rye located at 4311 North Federal Highway.
Investigators say a white male in his mid-20s, approximately 5’10” to 6-feet tall weighing roughly 150 pounds entered the deli around 1:27 on Sunday afternoon, walked to the rear of the store, and then approached the cash register located at the front of the store. The suspect purchased a bag of chips with a $5 bill, but when the employee opened the cash register to make change, the suspect apparently lunched across the counter and tried to take money from the drawer.
The female employee, police say, briefly struggled with the suspect and was able to push the suspect’s hand away and slammed the cash register shut with her hip.
As the suspect fled, the employee then found the owner who briefly gave chase until the suspect said, “if you follow me, I’ll put a cap in you.” His hand was wrapped in a black towel and may have contained a weapon.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cruz at 561-338-1320, or Palm Beach Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
Photo: Suspect from surveillance video.
Click here to view the video.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault