BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A teen charged earlier in the month with several counts of burglary is now facing charges that he possessed a destructive device.
Boca Raton Police say that 17 year old Anthony Sasso had the device in a trash can at his residence at 3698 NE 4th Avenue in Boca. The EOD team (explosive ordinance disposal) team was called to the scene and safely removed the device. Police found the device during a search connected to burglaries in the area. During that search police found a stolen .22 caliber rifle. Sasso reportedly told police that he took that weapons, and others, during a residential burglary.
Police say that Sasso admitted to finding the explosive device during a burglary and took it from a home in Jupiter.
He told police that he tried to throw out the device — in the trash — on October 9th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation