Lake Worth, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department reports that 23 year old Jesus Barreto of Lake Worth has died after being shot by a deputy Tuesday evening.
According to police, PBSO was responding to a disturbance in the 800 block of South Federal Highway in Lake Worth when Barreto exited the house with a large knife and began to charge at the deputies.
Deputies told him to drop the knife but he refused. A deputy used his Taser but it had no effect. In fear of his and his partner’s life, a second deputy fired at Barreto, striking him in the torso.
He was flown to Delray Medical center where he died Wednedsday.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired