Lake Worth, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department reports that 23 year old Jesus Barreto of Lake Worth has died after being shot by a deputy Tuesday evening.
According to police, PBSO was responding to a disturbance in the 800 block of South Federal Highway in Lake Worth when Barreto exited the house with a large knife and began to charge at the deputies.
Deputies told him to drop the knife but he refused. A deputy used his Taser but it had no effect. In fear of his and his partner’s life, a second deputy fired at Barreto, striking him in the torso.
He was flown to Delray Medical center where he died Wednedsday.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER