Lake Worth, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department reports that 23 year old Jesus Barreto of Lake Worth has died after being shot by a deputy Tuesday evening.
According to police, PBSO was responding to a disturbance in the 800 block of South Federal Highway in Lake Worth when Barreto exited the house with a large knife and began to charge at the deputies.
Deputies told him to drop the knife but he refused. A deputy used his Taser but it had no effect. In fear of his and his partner’s life, a second deputy fired at Barreto, striking him in the torso.
He was flown to Delray Medical center where he died Wednedsday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday