Lake Worth, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department reports that 23 year old Jesus Barreto of Lake Worth has died after being shot by a deputy Tuesday evening.
According to police, PBSO was responding to a disturbance in the 800 block of South Federal Highway in Lake Worth when Barreto exited the house with a large knife and began to charge at the deputies.
Deputies told him to drop the knife but he refused. A deputy used his Taser but it had no effect. In fear of his and his partner’s life, a second deputy fired at Barreto, striking him in the torso.
He was flown to Delray Medical center where he died Wednedsday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing