BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com via UpressOnline.com) — You may not have even realized the there is an “occupy” movement at FAU, but there is, and the group is preparing to list its demands. According to FAU’s newspaper — University Press — and writer Regina Kaza, “Occupy FAU will host a teach-in on November 2nd at the Free Speech Lawn. It is the next step in promoting their movement,” senior economics major Gonzalo Vizcardo tells the paper.
Not to be outdone by their Occupy Wall Street brothers and sisters camping out in the cold, Occupy FAU participants will prepare for balmy temps in the low 80s and will enjoy free food. The teach-in, according to the paper, will be used to generate a list of demands.
It will also be something of a social event. Faculty will speak, local bands will perform, but don’t expect a tremendous amount of order. Turns out there is no specific lineup.
“We have a list of people who are willing to participate,” Vizcardo tells the paper, “but there’s no exact line up.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat