BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com via UpressOnline.com) — You may not have even realized the there is an “occupy” movement at FAU, but there is, and the group is preparing to list its demands. According to FAU’s newspaper — University Press — and writer Regina Kaza, “Occupy FAU will host a teach-in on November 2nd at the Free Speech Lawn. It is the next step in promoting their movement,” senior economics major Gonzalo Vizcardo tells the paper.
Not to be outdone by their Occupy Wall Street brothers and sisters camping out in the cold, Occupy FAU participants will prepare for balmy temps in the low 80s and will enjoy free food. The teach-in, according to the paper, will be used to generate a list of demands.
It will also be something of a social event. Faculty will speak, local bands will perform, but don’t expect a tremendous amount of order. Turns out there is no specific lineup.
“We have a list of people who are willing to participate,” Vizcardo tells the paper, “but there’s no exact line up.”
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State