WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com via PBCGov.com) — Palm Tran, Palm Beach County’s public transportation system, was the recipient of several honors at the 2011 Annual Conference of the Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA).
Palm Tran received the first-place Unit Safety Award for transit systems operating more than 100 buses. This is the second consecutive year that Palm Tran has been recognized by its peers as having the safest transit system in the state of Florida.
Transit systems are evaluated based on criteria such as total accidents and miles of service and are awarded in two categories: small bus systems (under 100 buses) and large bus systems (100 buses and over). Additionally, Palm Tran’s Public Information and Marketing Department received several awards including the first-place Award of Excellence in the electronic media /audio visual category for an advertising slideshow displayed at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Two Awards of Merit were earned in the exterior signage category for the agency’s new bus stops and in the internal/employee communications category for a pocket brochure created for bus operators.
FPTA’s 37th Annual Conference was held October 16-18 in Tampa, Florida. For more information about Palm Tran, please call the customer service department at 561-841-4287.
####BocaNewsNow.com occasionally includes police issued press releases, such as this, regarding crime and events from parts of our extended South Florida community. Anyone questioning the information provided by police or government agencies is encouraged to email our news desk at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com.####
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges