WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com via PBCGov.com) — Palm Tran, Palm Beach County’s public transportation system, was the recipient of several honors at the 2011 Annual Conference of the Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA).
Palm Tran received the first-place Unit Safety Award for transit systems operating more than 100 buses. This is the second consecutive year that Palm Tran has been recognized by its peers as having the safest transit system in the state of Florida.
Transit systems are evaluated based on criteria such as total accidents and miles of service and are awarded in two categories: small bus systems (under 100 buses) and large bus systems (100 buses and over). Additionally, Palm Tran’s Public Information and Marketing Department received several awards including the first-place Award of Excellence in the electronic media /audio visual category for an advertising slideshow displayed at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Two Awards of Merit were earned in the exterior signage category for the agency’s new bus stops and in the internal/employee communications category for a pocket brochure created for bus operators.
FPTA’s 37th Annual Conference was held October 16-18 in Tampa, Florida. For more information about Palm Tran, please call the customer service department at 561-841-4287.
####BocaNewsNow.com occasionally includes police issued press releases, such as this, regarding crime and events from parts of our extended South Florida community. Anyone questioning the information provided by police or government agencies is encouraged to email our news desk at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com.####
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School