WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com via PBCGov.com) — Palm Tran, Palm Beach County’s public transportation system, was the recipient of several honors at the 2011 Annual Conference of the Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA).
Palm Tran received the first-place Unit Safety Award for transit systems operating more than 100 buses. This is the second consecutive year that Palm Tran has been recognized by its peers as having the safest transit system in the state of Florida.
Transit systems are evaluated based on criteria such as total accidents and miles of service and are awarded in two categories: small bus systems (under 100 buses) and large bus systems (100 buses and over). Additionally, Palm Tran’s Public Information and Marketing Department received several awards including the first-place Award of Excellence in the electronic media /audio visual category for an advertising slideshow displayed at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Two Awards of Merit were earned in the exterior signage category for the agency’s new bus stops and in the internal/employee communications category for a pocket brochure created for bus operators.
FPTA’s 37th Annual Conference was held October 16-18 in Tampa, Florida. For more information about Palm Tran, please call the customer service department at 561-841-4287.
####BocaNewsNow.com occasionally includes police issued press releases, such as this, regarding crime and events from parts of our extended South Florida community. Anyone questioning the information provided by police or government agencies is encouraged to email our news desk at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com.####
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Bad Weather Weekend
- Multi-Vehicle Crash At Yamato and Lyons In Boca Raton, Overturned Car
- Boca Raton Trainer Arrested, Charged With DUI After Crash
- Did Boca Raton Woman Really Double Park So She Could Run Into CycleBar?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Watching Developing System East Of Florida, It’s Growing
- Delray Beach Optometrist, Allegedly Driving On BMW Rim, Charged With DUI
- Feeding South Florida’s 5K Set For This Weekend In Palm Beach County
- Cops Nab Car Thief Ring At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Watch It