Boca Raton, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police shot and killed a violent pit bull Saturday that terrorized children, bit a woman, and attempted to attack a police
It happened just after 4:00 in the afternoon, Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a dog bite in the area of 2100 NE 2nd Drive.
The victim called 911 to report her neighbor’s Pit Bull Terrier escaped from a fenced backyard and charged at her children. The victim, while getting her children inside to safety, was bitten on the leg by the dog. When officers arrived, the dog was near the carport of 2135 NE 2nd Drive. The officer had police dispatch attempt to contact the resident at that address. They spoke with a male who said that his dog was contained. When the officer got out of his car, the dog charged out at him barking furiously. The dog stopped briefly near the front of the officer’s car and again the dog charged at the officer. The officer fired one shot, which hit and killed the animal.
The victim sustained minor injuries. The owner and Palm Beach Animal Control were notified.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested