BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) While we think it is unlikely that you’ll pass Noah on Glades Road this morning (possibly someone named “Noah” in a Lexus, but not *the* “Noah” in an ark), it was quite a night throughout Boca Raton and south Palm Beach county. Heavy rain, lightning and thunder continued through the early morning hours.
There is now a flood warning in effect through mid morning:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
150 AM EDT SAT OCT 29 2011
BROWARD FL-PALM BEACH FL-
150 AM EDT SAT OCT 29 2011
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MIAMI HAS ISSUED A
* FLOOD WARNING FOR…
NORTHEASTERN BROWARD COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST FLORIDA…
THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF…TAMARAC…SUNRISE…MARGATE…CORAL
SOUTHEASTERN PALM BEACH COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST FLORIDA…
THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF…LAKE WORTH…DELRAY BEACH…BOYNTON
* UNTIL 945 AM EDT
* AT 142 AM EDT…DOPPLER RADAR HAS CONTINUED TO SHOW THAT NORTHEAST
BROWARD AND SOUTHEAST PALM BEACH COUNTIES HAVE BEEN MOSTLY RAIN FREE
SINCE 1 AM EDT THIS MORNING. HOWEVER…LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS HAVE
CONTINUED TO REPORT STREET FLOODING WITH SECONDARY ROAD CLOSURES
IN THE WARNING AREA. THEREFORE…THE FLASH FLOOD WARNING HAS BEEN
CHANGE TO A FLOOD WARNING FOR NORTHEAST BROWARD AND SOUTHEAST
PALM BEACH COUNTIES.
A FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT OR HAS BEEN REPORTED AND
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTION IMMEDIATELY.
BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS AT NIGHT WHEN IT IS HARDER TO RECOGNIZE THE
DANGERS OF FLOODING. WITH FLOODED ROADWAYS AND THE NUMEROUS CANALS
ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA…IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE WHERE THE
ROAD ENDS AND WHERE THE CANAL BEGINS.
DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE INTO AREAS WHERE THE WATER COVERS THE
ROADWAY. THE WATER DEPTH MAY BE TOO GREAT TO ALLOW YOUR CAR TO CROSS
SAFELY. MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching