BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re not going to be alarmists like television stations that run crawls about a drizzle during your favorite tv show, but we wanted to mention that the national weather service has extended its flood watch for our region through midnight. Unclear at this point if the rain will be intense as last night, but if you’re heading out and about, you may want to bring an umbrella, or your yacht.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1008 AM EDT SAT OCT 29 2011
HENDRY-INLAND PALM BEACH-METRO PALM BEACH-COASTAL COLLIER-
INLAND COLLIER-INLAND BROWARD-METRO BROWARD-COASTAL PALM BEACH-
1008 AM EDT SAT OCT 29 2011
…FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH MIDNIGHT…
THE FLOOD WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR
* A PORTION OF SOUTH FLORIDA…INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS…
COASTAL BROWARD…COASTAL COLLIER…COASTAL PALM BEACH…
HENDRY…INLAND BROWARD…INLAND COLLIER…INLAND PALM BEACH…
METRO BROWARD AND METRO PALM BEACH.
* THROUGH MIDNIGHT
* SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE REGION
THROUGH THIS EVENING AS COPIOUS TROPICAL MOISTURE FEEDS INTO THE
AREA AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT. RAINFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER
HOUR ARE POSSIBLE. THESE RAINFALL RATES MAY RESULT IN FLOODING,
PARTICULARLY IN AREAS THAT HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED EXCESSIVE
RAINFALL IN THE PAST 12 TO 24 HOURS.
A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON
YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE
FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE
PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area