BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While the weather has unquestionably been poor and the rain heavy at time, residents of Boca Grove near Powerline Rd. between Glades and Palmetto Park are annoyed with a decision by the Board to cancel Halloween in the community. Homeowners were emailed during the day that several activities, including a pizza party, were canceled. Incredibly, Boca Grove recently completed a state of the art club house, but apparently HOA leaders did not want parents, grandparents, and children using it to make the best of a bad weather situation.
Homeowners were instructed to place an orange bag on their mailboxes if they were offering candy to kids. Few did, thinking that the board decision and email meant no trick or treating for anyone. Those who did trick or treat after skies cleared were met by homeowners who expressed disappointment with what is being called a “knee jerk” decision by leaders who seemingly had no interest in letting the community’s children have fun despite the weather.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge