THERE IS AN UPDATE TO THIS STORY, POSTED AT 3:24p WEDNESDAY, NOV 2, 2011. CLICK HERE.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The men who were shot after allegedly attempting to buy Marijuana near Florida Atlantic University reportedly used a scanner at Northwood University in West Palm Beach to create counterfeit money used in the drug deal gone bad.
Thomas Fenech, DOB 10/21/1992, Jared Tuck, DOB 2/18/1993, and Anthony Proios, DOB 6/8/1993 are all charged in connection with the crime. Fenech is charged with three counts of attempted murder for allegedly shooting at the drug buyers once he realized the money was fake. Tuck and Proios are charged as accessories after the fact. They are both reportedly students at FAU. Tuck allegedly tried to hide the AK-47 in his dorm. Police say he ultimately tried to dispose of it along the Beeline Highway.
BocaNewsNow.com will be updating this story throughout the day.
View our original coverage by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching