BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police charged a Coral Springs woman with driving under the influence of alcohol after she terrorized the 4900 block of South Federal Highway. Police say 21 year old Evana Maraj lost control of her vehicle, taking out two street signs, a street barricade, and a water line. Her blood alcohol was tested at .186 % and .181%.
The legal limit in Florida is .08%. If you are too busy to do the math, we’ll do it for you. If accurate, that means Maraj’s BAC was more than 2 times the legal limit.
She was released on her own recognizance five hours after she was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. Presumably, after she sobered up.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record