BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police charged a Coral Springs woman with driving under the influence of alcohol after she terrorized the 4900 block of South Federal Highway. Police say 21 year old Evana Maraj lost control of her vehicle, taking out two street signs, a street barricade, and a water line. Her blood alcohol was tested at .186 % and .181%.
The legal limit in Florida is .08%. If you are too busy to do the math, we’ll do it for you. If accurate, that means Maraj’s BAC was more than 2 times the legal limit.
She was released on her own recognizance five hours after she was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. Presumably, after she sobered up.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District