BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police charged a Coral Springs woman with driving under the influence of alcohol after she terrorized the 4900 block of South Federal Highway. Police say 21 year old Evana Maraj lost control of her vehicle, taking out two street signs, a street barricade, and a water line. Her blood alcohol was tested at .186 % and .181%.
The legal limit in Florida is .08%. If you are too busy to do the math, we’ll do it for you. If accurate, that means Maraj’s BAC was more than 2 times the legal limit.
She was released on her own recognizance five hours after she was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. Presumably, after she sobered up.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism