Update posted Friday, 2p. CLICK HERE.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that 18-year-old Florida Atlantic University student Jared Tuck bonded out early this afternoon from the Palm Beach County Jail. Tuck is charged in connection to the shooting of at least two men Sunday night near the FAU campus during a drug deal gone bad.
Tuck, from Largo, Florida, was released from Palm Beach County Jail at 12:34 this afternoon. He was being held on an attempted second degree murder charge with a $50,000 bond, and a charge of destroying evidence carrying a $20,000 bond.
Tuck was charged with fellow FAU student Anthony Proios who was released from jail on Tuesday.
Police allege that Tuck and Proios, and possibly other FAU students, were in an apartment at 399 NW 19th Street when several men attempted to purchase marijuana from Thomas Robert Fenech using money counterfeited with a scanner on the campus of Northwood University in West Palm Beach. After the transaction, police allege Fenech, Tuck, and Proios realized the money was fake. Fenech, they say, chased the men with an AK-47, firing several times and striking at least two of the men as they attempted to flee. John Addison was shot in the back and Andrew Hernandez in the face. They are both in serious condition.
Jared Tuck, according to police, took the AK-47 back to his dorm room at FAU before attempting to destroy it with Proios.
Official records show that Fenech remains in the Palm Beach County on $150,000 bond.
Trial dates have not yet been set for Tuck, Proios, or Fenech.
Read our most recent reporting here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES