Update posted Friday, 2p. CLICK HERE.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that 18-year-old Florida Atlantic University student Jared Tuck bonded out early this afternoon from the Palm Beach County Jail. Tuck is charged in connection to the shooting of at least two men Sunday night near the FAU campus during a drug deal gone bad.
Tuck, from Largo, Florida, was released from Palm Beach County Jail at 12:34 this afternoon. He was being held on an attempted second degree murder charge with a $50,000 bond, and a charge of destroying evidence carrying a $20,000 bond.
Tuck was charged with fellow FAU student Anthony Proios who was released from jail on Tuesday.
Police allege that Tuck and Proios, and possibly other FAU students, were in an apartment at 399 NW 19th Street when several men attempted to purchase marijuana from Thomas Robert Fenech using money counterfeited with a scanner on the campus of Northwood University in West Palm Beach. After the transaction, police allege Fenech, Tuck, and Proios realized the money was fake. Fenech, they say, chased the men with an AK-47, firing several times and striking at least two of the men as they attempted to flee. John Addison was shot in the back and Andrew Hernandez in the face. They are both in serious condition.
Jared Tuck, according to police, took the AK-47 back to his dorm room at FAU before attempting to destroy it with Proios.
Official records show that Fenech remains in the Palm Beach County on $150,000 bond.
Trial dates have not yet been set for Tuck, Proios, or Fenech.
Read our most recent reporting here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates