BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating a brazen robbery in The Preserve, a gated community where most homes sell in the million dollar range. Police say a homeowner was held at knife point.
According to the official police report, the report came in just after 1pm on Thursday from the 2300 block of NW 49th Lane.
The victim told officers he was in his house and had just finished showering, when he heard the doorbell ring twice. The victim went downstairs and saw a male, wearing dark clothing and a ski mask. The suspect threatened to stab the victim if he didn’t give him “all the money in the house.” T
he suspect had his hand in his pocket, which lead the victim to believe he had a gun. The victim gave the suspect his wallet, which contained his identification and several hundred dollars in cash, and his iPhone. The suspect then forced the victim into the kitchen where the suspect armed himself with two kitchen knives.
The suspect forced the victim, at knifepoint, to lead him throughout the house looking for valuables. The suspect also took two iPods, a Mac Book laptop, and an iPad before barricading the victim in a bathroom and leaving the house.
The victim was able to escape from the bathroom and run to a neighbor’s house where he called police. The suspect was last seen jumping the north perimeter wall surrounding the development. If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Chris Suarez at (561) 620-6146 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Black male about 6’0” tall, very thin build
Wearing all dark colored clothing and a dark ski mask
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again