BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Those suffering from Alzheimer’s will be the center of attention Sunday at the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Then mall will welcome more than 400 walkers as part of the sixth
annual “Keep Memories Alive” walk to benefit Florida Atlantic University’s Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center .
This year’s event theme will be “Steppin’ to the Oldies, Bobby Socks Optional!” and is co-chaired by Caring Hearts Auxiliary board members Debbie Gonzalez and Morgan Green and auxiliary members Kelli-Ann Bloechinger and Schuyler Thompson. Walk organizers are also pleased to welcome presenting sponsor Bobby Campbell and Honorary Ambassador Christine E. Lynn and Honorary Chair Elaine J. Wold. The event’s Honorary Family will be Melissa and Michael Berg. Entertainment will be provided by Majic 102.7 FM.
The Memory and Wellness Center, located on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, is part of FAU’s Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and averages 16,000 visits each year, and one-third of the visitors are caregivers who have found respite. The center offers a wide range of services and programs to individuals with mild to moderate memory disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia. Visits start with a comprehensive memory evaluation that often helps diagnose a memory disorder and begin a treatment plan with a patient’s physician. The day center provides an active and secure place for families to bring spouses or parents who are experiencing memory loss, and the caregiver support programs have a positive impact on life at home.
When: Sunday, November 6th, at 9am.
Where: Boca Town Center Mall: 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton.
For More Information: Please call 561-297-4066 or visit http://www.fau.edu/memorywellnesscenter . You can also follow the Center on Facebook at Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center at FAU.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record