BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Those suffering from Alzheimer’s will be the center of attention Sunday at the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Then mall will welcome more than 400 walkers as part of the sixth
annual “Keep Memories Alive” walk to benefit Florida Atlantic University’s Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center .
This year’s event theme will be “Steppin’ to the Oldies, Bobby Socks Optional!” and is co-chaired by Caring Hearts Auxiliary board members Debbie Gonzalez and Morgan Green and auxiliary members Kelli-Ann Bloechinger and Schuyler Thompson. Walk organizers are also pleased to welcome presenting sponsor Bobby Campbell and Honorary Ambassador Christine E. Lynn and Honorary Chair Elaine J. Wold. The event’s Honorary Family will be Melissa and Michael Berg. Entertainment will be provided by Majic 102.7 FM.
The Memory and Wellness Center, located on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, is part of FAU’s Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and averages 16,000 visits each year, and one-third of the visitors are caregivers who have found respite. The center offers a wide range of services and programs to individuals with mild to moderate memory disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia. Visits start with a comprehensive memory evaluation that often helps diagnose a memory disorder and begin a treatment plan with a patient’s physician. The day center provides an active and secure place for families to bring spouses or parents who are experiencing memory loss, and the caregiver support programs have a positive impact on life at home.
When: Sunday, November 6th, at 9am.
Where: Boca Town Center Mall: 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton.
For More Information: Please call 561-297-4066 or visit http://www.fau.edu/memorywellnesscenter . You can also follow the Center on Facebook at Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center at FAU.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza