BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has received a complaint alleging that noted Boca Raton divorce firm Weiss, Handler, Angelos, and Cornwell, and particularly attorneys Carol A. Kartagener and Henry Handler, committed malpractice, civil theft, and breached their fiduciary duty to their former client Eileen S. Kasman.
Kasman alleges that Kartagener lied to at least four judges during proceedings relating to her divorce from Lewis Kasman — known, according to the complaint, as the “adoptive son” of Gambino Crime Boss John Gotti. She alleges that the law firm of Weiss Handler had a relationship with Palm Beach County Judge Martin Colin who presided over part of the divorce proceedings, and that the law firm represented Judge Colin’s then girlfriend, now wife, Betsy Savitt.
Kasman also alleges that Weiss Handler “perform(ed) unnecessary work which inured only to the the benefit of (Weiss Handler), and that the firm covered up “lie with successive lies.”
The suit, filed by West Palm Beach Attorney Bennett Cohn, demands payment in excess of $500,000.00.
Read the complete complaint by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning