BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has received a complaint alleging that noted Boca Raton divorce firm Weiss, Handler, Angelos, and Cornwell, and particularly attorneys Carol A. Kartagener and Henry Handler, committed malpractice, civil theft, and breached their fiduciary duty to their former client Eileen S. Kasman.
Kasman alleges that Kartagener lied to at least four judges during proceedings relating to her divorce from Lewis Kasman — known, according to the complaint, as the “adoptive son” of Gambino Crime Boss John Gotti. She alleges that the law firm of Weiss Handler had a relationship with Palm Beach County Judge Martin Colin who presided over part of the divorce proceedings, and that the law firm represented Judge Colin’s then girlfriend, now wife, Betsy Savitt.
Kasman also alleges that Weiss Handler “perform(ed) unnecessary work which inured only to the the benefit of (Weiss Handler), and that the firm covered up “lie with successive lies.”
The suit, filed by West Palm Beach Attorney Bennett Cohn, demands payment in excess of $500,000.00.
Read the complete complaint by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District