BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are asking for the public’s help in determining if a man seen canoeing on the Intracoastal on Sunday is missing, a drowning victim, or just someone who swam to shore while leaving his capsized canoe in the water. It happened in the area of 690 Golden Harbor Drive. The photo here is a photo of the actual canoe in question. Here is the official rundown from Boca Raton Police:
“The resident told officers that at about 3:00 p.m., he saw a white male in his 50’s wearing a tan floppy hat paddling a 15 foot orange canoe southbound in the Intracoastal Waterway. About ten minutes later, the witness went back outside onto his patio and saw the canoe overturned in the water and the occupant was nowhere to be found. The witness said he did not hear the male call out in distress or even see him go into the water.
Police searched the area and spoke with the residents in the surrounding area. Another witness also saw the male and gave police a similar account of events. Officers from the Boca Raton Police Underwater Search and Recovery team, Boca Raton Fire Rescue, and the Aviation Unit from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, responded to the area to conduct a thorough search, but did not locate the male. Early Monday morning, the Underwater Search and Recover Team responded back to the Intracoastal Waterway to continue the search.”
If anyone has information about this person or canoe, they are asked to call the Boca Raton Police Department at (561) 416-3350.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Fainting At The Jewelry Exchange, Sick At Publix, Trauma At A Park
- Area Realtor Charged With DUI In Delray Beach
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony