BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The recession was put on hold this week as FAU, Florida Atlantic University, raised more than $500,000 during its “50 on the 50” gala event, with proceeds heading for the bank account of the “President’s Scholarship Challenge.” (FAU President, not United States President). The black-tie gala was held in the Martin F. and Jane Greenberg Foundation Tower at FAU’s new football stadium.
According to FAU: “The ‘50 on the 50’ gala was a tremendous success, with more than 800 FAU friends in attendance,” said FAU President Mary Jane Saunders. “I’m pleased we’ve raised more than $500,000, thanks to the hard work of our gala committee and sponsors, as well as our many volunteers and guests.”
The event spanned three levels of the tower, with each level featuring a unique theme, including the “Copacabana” Club on the Delray Hyundai Priority Level, the jazz-themed Delray Acura Premier Club and the American Bistro on the Suite Level. Alumna Chloe Dolandis ’07 and FAU’s Jazz Ensemble provided live entertainment on the Premier Club level, and faculty and students from the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters School of Music performed on the Suite Level.
Highlights of the evening included a “half time” show, featuring performances by Dolandis and the FAU marching band, FAU’s 50th Anniversary Book brought to life through a video presentation, and a spectacular fireworks display. A silent auction featured rounds of golf, tickets to premier events and local attractions, computers, gift cards, works of art, jewelry, and more.
FAU secured more than 80 sponsors for the gala, including international corporations, local businesses, alumni and friends of FAU. The top-tier sponsors, President’s Level ($25,000+), included Balfour Beatty Capital; Balfour Beatty Construction; Barnes & Noble College Bookstores; Chartwells; Dell, Inc.; Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute Foundation; Christine E. Lynn, E.M. Lynn Foundation; Richard ’70 and Barbara Schmidt, Schmidt Family Foundation; and Wells Fargo.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans