BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The US Postal Service in Boca and nationwide is asking customers who may have accidentally permanently borrowed mail pallets and those plastic mail tubs to return them — no questions asked. As the Postal Service tries to cut costs and save money, it’s announcing that it spent nearly $50-million over the past year to replace equipment that was never returned.
If you happen to be looking at equipment right now in your office (or dorm) and think you’ll get in trouble for the late return, worry not: First, this is the post office. No one really expects anything to happen quickly. Second, there is an amnesty program in effect starting tomorrow and running through November 26th.
For more information, telephone 1-866-330-3404. The Post Office is also reminding folks that a misuse of postal property can lead to a $1,000 fine and 3 years in prison.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn