BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The US Postal Service in Boca and nationwide is asking customers who may have accidentally permanently borrowed mail pallets and those plastic mail tubs to return them — no questions asked. As the Postal Service tries to cut costs and save money, it’s announcing that it spent nearly $50-million over the past year to replace equipment that was never returned.
If you happen to be looking at equipment right now in your office (or dorm) and think you’ll get in trouble for the late return, worry not: First, this is the post office. No one really expects anything to happen quickly. Second, there is an amnesty program in effect starting tomorrow and running through November 26th.
For more information, telephone 1-866-330-3404. The Post Office is also reminding folks that a misuse of postal property can lead to a $1,000 fine and 3 years in prison.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton
- Jail Van, Prisoner Bus Crash In North Broward County
- Fire Ravages West Boca Raton Home Overnight
- Cool Weather Is Here! Boca Raton, Delray Beach To Drop Into 50’s
- Boca Chase Chases $2300 By Foreclosing On Homeowner