BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The US Postal Service in Boca and nationwide is asking customers who may have accidentally permanently borrowed mail pallets and those plastic mail tubs to return them — no questions asked. As the Postal Service tries to cut costs and save money, it’s announcing that it spent nearly $50-million over the past year to replace equipment that was never returned.
If you happen to be looking at equipment right now in your office (or dorm) and think you’ll get in trouble for the late return, worry not: First, this is the post office. No one really expects anything to happen quickly. Second, there is an amnesty program in effect starting tomorrow and running through November 26th.
For more information, telephone 1-866-330-3404. The Post Office is also reminding folks that a misuse of postal property can lead to a $1,000 fine and 3 years in prison.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules
- SELLER’S MARKET! Palm Beach County House Sales Soar, Inventory Drops
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill