BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The US Postal Service in Boca and nationwide is asking customers who may have accidentally permanently borrowed mail pallets and those plastic mail tubs to return them — no questions asked. As the Postal Service tries to cut costs and save money, it’s announcing that it spent nearly $50-million over the past year to replace equipment that was never returned.
If you happen to be looking at equipment right now in your office (or dorm) and think you’ll get in trouble for the late return, worry not: First, this is the post office. No one really expects anything to happen quickly. Second, there is an amnesty program in effect starting tomorrow and running through November 26th.
For more information, telephone 1-866-330-3404. The Post Office is also reminding folks that a misuse of postal property can lead to a $1,000 fine and 3 years in prison.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING