BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The City Council just updated the calendar that potential candidates must follow as they enter the political process in Boca. Here’s the official language from the City:
The City Council of Boca Raton recently adopted Ordinance 5182 which amends the City Charter to change the candidate qualifying dates from the first seven business days of February to the first seven business days of January. The change is for mayoral and council candidates. The February timeframe consistently resulted in a conflict with the Supervisor of Elections’ deadline for submitting candidate names for inclusion on the ballot and also posed a campaign timing issue for candidates. The January qualifying dates are in effect for the March 13, 2012 municipal election.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS