BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The City Council just updated the calendar that potential candidates must follow as they enter the political process in Boca. Here’s the official language from the City:
The City Council of Boca Raton recently adopted Ordinance 5182 which amends the City Charter to change the candidate qualifying dates from the first seven business days of February to the first seven business days of January. The change is for mayoral and council candidates. The February timeframe consistently resulted in a conflict with the Supervisor of Elections’ deadline for submitting candidate names for inclusion on the ballot and also posed a campaign timing issue for candidates. The January qualifying dates are in effect for the March 13, 2012 municipal election.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance Two Systems Form Within Days
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon