BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The City Council just updated the calendar that potential candidates must follow as they enter the political process in Boca. Here’s the official language from the City:
The City Council of Boca Raton recently adopted Ordinance 5182 which amends the City Charter to change the candidate qualifying dates from the first seven business days of February to the first seven business days of January. The change is for mayoral and council candidates. The February timeframe consistently resulted in a conflict with the Supervisor of Elections’ deadline for submitting candidate names for inclusion on the ballot and also posed a campaign timing issue for candidates. The January qualifying dates are in effect for the March 13, 2012 municipal election.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning
- BOCA RATON FLOODING: Major Road Closed Due To High Waters Late Sunday Afternoon