BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — To update a story we first brought you this morning, two men — incredibly — survived several days at sea on a small life boat after their larger vessel took on water and became inoperable. We now have new information from the Boca Raton Police Department.
The men are identified as 41 year old Michael Ayres of Onodaga Michigan, and 19 year old Steffon Moore of Miami Gardens.
Both men left Islamorada on their boat on Saturday just after noon, and were planning to boat to Bimini. But at some point that evening, Ayres says the boat started to take on water, forcing them to abandon ship. According to Ayres, the men were able to gather some supplies and then moved onto the lifeboat. After several days, they washed up Tuesday morning in Boca Raton, in the area of 750 South Ocean Boulevard.
Ayres and Moore are being treated at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation