BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — To update a story we first brought you this morning, two men — incredibly — survived several days at sea on a small life boat after their larger vessel took on water and became inoperable. We now have new information from the Boca Raton Police Department.
The men are identified as 41 year old Michael Ayres of Onodaga Michigan, and 19 year old Steffon Moore of Miami Gardens.
Both men left Islamorada on their boat on Saturday just after noon, and were planning to boat to Bimini. But at some point that evening, Ayres says the boat started to take on water, forcing them to abandon ship. According to Ayres, the men were able to gather some supplies and then moved onto the lifeboat. After several days, they washed up Tuesday morning in Boca Raton, in the area of 750 South Ocean Boulevard.
Ayres and Moore are being treated at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach