BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — To update a story we first brought you this morning, two men — incredibly — survived several days at sea on a small life boat after their larger vessel took on water and became inoperable. We now have new information from the Boca Raton Police Department.
The men are identified as 41 year old Michael Ayres of Onodaga Michigan, and 19 year old Steffon Moore of Miami Gardens.
Both men left Islamorada on their boat on Saturday just after noon, and were planning to boat to Bimini. But at some point that evening, Ayres says the boat started to take on water, forcing them to abandon ship. According to Ayres, the men were able to gather some supplies and then moved onto the lifeboat. After several days, they washed up Tuesday morning in Boca Raton, in the area of 750 South Ocean Boulevard.
Ayres and Moore are being treated at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area