ORLANDO, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Transportation Safety Board has released the findings of its investigation after the fatal accident involving two monorails at Walt Disney World back in 2009. The report is a fascinating look at Disney’s monorail operations, and perhaps frighteningly the lack of oversight that existed at the time of crash. One employee was killed.
Here is the NTSB’s official take on what went wrong:
“The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of the July 5, 2009, collision between two monorails at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, was the shop panel operator’s failure to properly position switch-beam 9 and the failure of the monorail manager acting as the central coordinator to verify the position of switch-beam 9 before authorizing the reverse movement of the Pink monorail. Contributing to the accident was Walt Disney World Resort’s lack of standard operating procedures leading to an unsafe practice when reversing trains on its monorail system.”
You can read the entire report by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested