ORLANDO, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Transportation Safety Board has released the findings of its investigation after the fatal accident involving two monorails at Walt Disney World back in 2009. The report is a fascinating look at Disney’s monorail operations, and perhaps frighteningly the lack of oversight that existed at the time of crash. One employee was killed.
Here is the NTSB’s official take on what went wrong:
“The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of the July 5, 2009, collision between two monorails at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, was the shop panel operator’s failure to properly position switch-beam 9 and the failure of the monorail manager acting as the central coordinator to verify the position of switch-beam 9 before authorizing the reverse movement of the Pink monorail. Contributing to the accident was Walt Disney World Resort’s lack of standard operating procedures leading to an unsafe practice when reversing trains on its monorail system.”
You can read the entire report by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND