BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating the report of an armed robbery that took place late Monday evening near the Florida Atlantic University campus. The victim, Jeffrey Yarborough, was not injured.
According to police, Yarborough told investigators that he was walking north on NW 13th Street, heading to meet friends in the area of 200 NW 20th — there is a Dunkin Donuts in the area. As he approached Glades Road, a white, small, older model pickup-truck drove past Yarborough and stopped just ahead of him. The passenger asked Yarborough for directions to Atlantic Avenue. Yarborough approached, only to find the passenger pointing a semi-automatic handgun at him. The gun wielding passenger demanded Yarborough’s valuables.
Yarborough handed his wallet to the gunman, but refused to hand over his iPhone. Yarborough said the suspect grabbed his shirt, tried to grab his phone, and then threatened to shoot him if he didn’t give the phone to him. The driver of the truck sped off before the suspect was able to get the phone.
The vehicle was last seen heading east on Glades Road. Yarborough was not injured. If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Both white males are in their late teens to early 20’s
The driver was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt
The passenger was wearing a grey, hooded sweatshirt
Passenger armed with a semi-automatic handgun
White, older model, compact pick-up truck
Silver toolbox in the back
EDITOR’S NOTE: Should you ever find yourself in that situation, remember that all iPhones can be tracked. Giving it up may not only save your life, help lead police to the bad guys who forget that there’s a GPS chip inside that can be activated through Apple’s website.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School