BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating the report of an armed robbery that took place late Monday evening near the Florida Atlantic University campus. The victim, Jeffrey Yarborough, was not injured.
According to police, Yarborough told investigators that he was walking north on NW 13th Street, heading to meet friends in the area of 200 NW 20th — there is a Dunkin Donuts in the area. As he approached Glades Road, a white, small, older model pickup-truck drove past Yarborough and stopped just ahead of him. The passenger asked Yarborough for directions to Atlantic Avenue. Yarborough approached, only to find the passenger pointing a semi-automatic handgun at him. The gun wielding passenger demanded Yarborough’s valuables.
Yarborough handed his wallet to the gunman, but refused to hand over his iPhone. Yarborough said the suspect grabbed his shirt, tried to grab his phone, and then threatened to shoot him if he didn’t give the phone to him. The driver of the truck sped off before the suspect was able to get the phone.
The vehicle was last seen heading east on Glades Road. Yarborough was not injured. If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Both white males are in their late teens to early 20’s
The driver was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt
The passenger was wearing a grey, hooded sweatshirt
Passenger armed with a semi-automatic handgun
White, older model, compact pick-up truck
Silver toolbox in the back
EDITOR’S NOTE: Should you ever find yourself in that situation, remember that all iPhones can be tracked. Giving it up may not only save your life, help lead police to the bad guys who forget that there’s a GPS chip inside that can be activated through Apple’s website.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.