There is a substantial update to this story. Click Here.
Update 7:16p: We have learned from sources that the homeowner lost “everything” in this burglary that happened in broad daylight. We’ve also learned that the guard gates have no record of who came in or left before or after the burglary, and that license plates are not being photographed despite cameras being visible at both entrances.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department, but homeowners in the gated community of Boca Falls — west of 441 between Palmetto Park and Glades Road — received an email today alerting them of a burglary. It apparently happened Tuesday between 10am and 5:30p.
Local officials recently stated that gated access is merely a deterrent but not a fool-proof way to prevent incidents in communities. This seems to validate that point.
Updates when we receive them.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies