There is a substantial update to this story. Click Here.
Update 7:16p: We have learned from sources that the homeowner lost “everything” in this burglary that happened in broad daylight. We’ve also learned that the guard gates have no record of who came in or left before or after the burglary, and that license plates are not being photographed despite cameras being visible at both entrances.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department, but homeowners in the gated community of Boca Falls — west of 441 between Palmetto Park and Glades Road — received an email today alerting them of a burglary. It apparently happened Tuesday between 10am and 5:30p.
Local officials recently stated that gated access is merely a deterrent but not a fool-proof way to prevent incidents in communities. This seems to validate that point.
Updates when we receive them.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend