There is a substantial update to this story. Click Here.
Update 7:16p: We have learned from sources that the homeowner lost “everything” in this burglary that happened in broad daylight. We’ve also learned that the guard gates have no record of who came in or left before or after the burglary, and that license plates are not being photographed despite cameras being visible at both entrances.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department, but homeowners in the gated community of Boca Falls — west of 441 between Palmetto Park and Glades Road — received an email today alerting them of a burglary. It apparently happened Tuesday between 10am and 5:30p.
Local officials recently stated that gated access is merely a deterrent but not a fool-proof way to prevent incidents in communities. This seems to validate that point.
Updates when we receive them.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State