BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman riding her bike near Glades Road and North Federal Highway says at least two men chased her and ripped a gold necklace from her neck. Here is the official report from Boca PD:
At around 7:00 pm on Tuesday evening, Boca Raton Police responded to a report of a robbery by sudden snatching. The incident occurred in the vicinity of Glades Road and North Federal Highway. The victim said she was riding her bike home from Publix and was heading east on North Federal Highway when she approached a group of five males standing at the bus stop in front of 1500 North Federal Highway. As she approached the group, they separated to let her pass through, but as she continued riding, she felt someone reach for her gold necklace.
The victim crossed the street at the intersection of Glades Road and Federal Highway and began heading west on Glades Road when she noticed two of the males from the bus stop running in her direction. One of the suspects caught up with her and ripped the gold necklace off of her neck.
While continuing on her way home, a witness approached her around 156 NE 12th Street. The witness was sitting on his porch and observed the robbery and offered to call police. Both the victim and the witness said the suspects ran east on Glades Road and then north on Federal Highway.
The suspects are described as two black males, 18-20 years old, 5’8”-6’0”, thin build, short hair wearing white shirts, and dark shorts.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Detective Clare at 561-338-1246 or Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS. Tips can also be sent anonymously by texting BRPD and the tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths