BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Your rescuer may be an award-winning athlete, at least if you’re being rescued in Boca Raton. Several women from the ranks of Boca Raton Fire Rescue competed over the weekend in the U.S Firefighter Combat Challenge Nationals in Fort Pierce, and they did extremely well. It may give you something to talk about as they pry you from your car or rush you out of your burning house.
Here’s the full-of-facts rundown from Boca Fire Rescue:
“U.S. Firefighter Combat Challenge Nationals were held in Fort Pierce, Florida where Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services top female athletes Irena Elmstrom, and Shelly and Sherry Griffith and members of their team competed against athletes from across the United States.
Irena placed 1st in the Co-Ed Tandem event with her partner David Bowman, a firefighter from Charlotte, North Carolina. In the Female Relay Irena, Sherry, Shelly, Whitney Briggs a firefighter from Canada and Angela Bronco a firefighter from Broward Sheriffs Office Fire Rescue Department placed 2nd. In the Female Tandem event Irena and partner Sheri Peacock, a firefighter from Greensboro, North Carolina placed 3rd and in the Female Individual event Irena placed 3rd.
Boca’s top female athletes and their team members train hard on their off days to get ready for what is considered to be the Toughest Two Minutes In Sports, the Firefighter Combat Challenge.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation