BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BY MORTY EATOWITZ, Food Critic — Dinner at Chops Lobster Bar (101 Plaza Real South, Boca Raton) is so good, and such a pleasant experience, that you’d have to believe that even Occupy Wall Streeters would shave, shower, and join the one percent who consider it to be nice way to spend a Saturday night. Situated not far from Mizner Park in Boca, where Morty suspects 92 percent of the 1 percent happily own property, Chops is the best of both worlds: great steak, and great seafood.
Having made our reservation online, Morty Eatowitz and his dining companion were seated almost immediately upon arrival and enjoyed fantastic service throughout the meal. Morty and companion have dined at Chops before.
Both Morty and companion ordered the exquisitely prepared “Pepper Steak.” This is not pepper steak in the Chinese restaurant sense, but a perfectly prepared filet with special peppercorn sauce that you have to eat to understand. It is presented on a bed of potatoes which only adds to the culinary experience. For sides, we enjoyed “Corn Mash” which should be a Chops specialty, and creamed spinach which is just darn good. We each started with an appetizer — Morty enjoyed a Cesar Salad with no anchovies, while companion enjoyed Lobster Bisque.
A look around Chops on a Saturday evening and you have to wonder “what recession?” The average per person tab is likely $50, and the restaurant was packed. Granted, this is Boca Raton, where the recession is not allowed. Even so, Morty Eatowitz would proudly lead an “Occupy Chops” movement with one demand: if we leave, please make sure a table is available when we return.
On the Morty Scale of 1 to 5, where “More Mortys Mean More,” Morty Eatowitz Bestows FIVE Morty’s to Chops Lobster Bar.
WHERE: 101 Plaza Real South, Boca Raton, FL 33432
PHONE: 561-395-2675. Also on OpenTable.
WHAT: Fantastic Steak and Sea Food.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?