BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BY MORTY EATOWITZ, Food Critic — Dinner at Chops Lobster Bar (101 Plaza Real South, Boca Raton) is so good, and such a pleasant experience, that you’d have to believe that even Occupy Wall Streeters would shave, shower, and join the one percent who consider it to be nice way to spend a Saturday night. Situated not far from Mizner Park in Boca, where Morty suspects 92 percent of the 1 percent happily own property, Chops is the best of both worlds: great steak, and great seafood.
Having made our reservation online, Morty Eatowitz and his dining companion were seated almost immediately upon arrival and enjoyed fantastic service throughout the meal. Morty and companion have dined at Chops before.
Both Morty and companion ordered the exquisitely prepared “Pepper Steak.” This is not pepper steak in the Chinese restaurant sense, but a perfectly prepared filet with special peppercorn sauce that you have to eat to understand. It is presented on a bed of potatoes which only adds to the culinary experience. For sides, we enjoyed “Corn Mash” which should be a Chops specialty, and creamed spinach which is just darn good. We each started with an appetizer — Morty enjoyed a Cesar Salad with no anchovies, while companion enjoyed Lobster Bisque.
A look around Chops on a Saturday evening and you have to wonder “what recession?” The average per person tab is likely $50, and the restaurant was packed. Granted, this is Boca Raton, where the recession is not allowed. Even so, Morty Eatowitz would proudly lead an “Occupy Chops” movement with one demand: if we leave, please make sure a table is available when we return.
On the Morty Scale of 1 to 5, where “More Mortys Mean More,” Morty Eatowitz Bestows FIVE Morty’s to Chops Lobster Bar.
WHERE: 101 Plaza Real South, Boca Raton, FL 33432
PHONE: 561-395-2675. Also on OpenTable.
WHAT: Fantastic Steak and Sea Food.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.