BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Economists will tell you that fewer people are driving and more people are taking public transportation thanks to fuel prices — and the latest numbers from PalmTran seem to suggest that’s true.
The Palm Beach County Transportation Agency reports an all time record was set in October with a total monthly ridership of 1,003, 356. That is the first time ever that Palm Tran has exceeded one million passenger trips in any one month. The average weekly ridership was 40,843. That was also a record.
Looking back a year, the total ridership for October 2010 was 962,039. The year-to-year numbers represent a 4.29% increase.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens