BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Economists will tell you that fewer people are driving and more people are taking public transportation thanks to fuel prices — and the latest numbers from PalmTran seem to suggest that’s true.
The Palm Beach County Transportation Agency reports an all time record was set in October with a total monthly ridership of 1,003, 356. That is the first time ever that Palm Tran has exceeded one million passenger trips in any one month. The average weekly ridership was 40,843. That was also a record.
Looking back a year, the total ridership for October 2010 was 962,039. The year-to-year numbers represent a 4.29% increase.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95