BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating two presumably unrelated computer crimes. The first happened at 2499 West Glades Road which is near the intersection of Glades and St. Andrew’s Blvd. Someone allegedly broke into — or hacked into — the victim’s email account and sent a mass email requesting that money be wired. It is unclear if anyone actually wired money, or what the extent of loss was, if any.
Then, at 2443 NW 62nd Street, we’re told that someone hacked into an email account and successfully had $32,219.99 wired from the victim’s Fidelity account into a Wells Fargo account. This is the second incident involving a Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) account — and questionable wire practices — this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED