BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating two presumably unrelated computer crimes. The first happened at 2499 West Glades Road which is near the intersection of Glades and St. Andrew’s Blvd. Someone allegedly broke into — or hacked into — the victim’s email account and sent a mass email requesting that money be wired. It is unclear if anyone actually wired money, or what the extent of loss was, if any.
Then, at 2443 NW 62nd Street, we’re told that someone hacked into an email account and successfully had $32,219.99 wired from the victim’s Fidelity account into a Wells Fargo account. This is the second incident involving a Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) account — and questionable wire practices — this week.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High