BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating two presumably unrelated computer crimes. The first happened at 2499 West Glades Road which is near the intersection of Glades and St. Andrew’s Blvd. Someone allegedly broke into — or hacked into — the victim’s email account and sent a mass email requesting that money be wired. It is unclear if anyone actually wired money, or what the extent of loss was, if any.
Then, at 2443 NW 62nd Street, we’re told that someone hacked into an email account and successfully had $32,219.99 wired from the victim’s Fidelity account into a Wells Fargo account. This is the second incident involving a Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) account — and questionable wire practices — this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud