BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating two presumably unrelated computer crimes. The first happened at 2499 West Glades Road which is near the intersection of Glades and St. Andrew’s Blvd. Someone allegedly broke into — or hacked into — the victim’s email account and sent a mass email requesting that money be wired. It is unclear if anyone actually wired money, or what the extent of loss was, if any.
Then, at 2443 NW 62nd Street, we’re told that someone hacked into an email account and successfully had $32,219.99 wired from the victim’s Fidelity account into a Wells Fargo account. This is the second incident involving a Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) account — and questionable wire practices — this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases