BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating two presumably unrelated computer crimes. The first happened at 2499 West Glades Road which is near the intersection of Glades and St. Andrew’s Blvd. Someone allegedly broke into — or hacked into — the victim’s email account and sent a mass email requesting that money be wired. It is unclear if anyone actually wired money, or what the extent of loss was, if any.
Then, at 2443 NW 62nd Street, we’re told that someone hacked into an email account and successfully had $32,219.99 wired from the victim’s Fidelity account into a Wells Fargo account. This is the second incident involving a Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) account — and questionable wire practices — this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Doc Claims Reputation Firm Posted Fake Reviews
- West Boca Raton Woman Jailed On Drug, Fraud Charges
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call