BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just a public service announcement from your friends at BocaNewsNow.com. Even though it’s a holiday, police are likely not in a lenient mood if they pull you over as part of the “Click It Or Ticket” campaign. Police throughout Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, and the FHP are out and about making sure you “arrive alive” and to that end, there are expected to be significant numbers of traffic stops and tickets issued to folks who are not buckled up.
Here’s a little reminder from Boca PD so you get where you’re going without a ticket:
“Officers from the Boca Raton Police Services Department will be beefing up patrols in the days surrounding the Thanksgiving weekend, looking for motorists violating the seatbelt law. The Click It or Ticket campaign runs from November 14th thru November 27th.
Last year more than 13,000 lives were saved nationwide by seatbelts. Besides front seat passengers being required to wear safety belts, children under three must be in a child restraint device, and children four and five years old must either be in a child restraint device or wear a safety belt. Passengers six to seventeen years old must be restrained by a safety belt in both the front and back seats of the vehicle.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K