BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com first reported a few days ago that Boca Raton police nabbed three men believed to be involved with several burglaries throughout the area over the past several months. Now comes word that the arrest of Yves Gissomme is the result of not just great police work, but a burglar alarm. It turns out burglar alarms actually make a difference.
Police tell us that they were alerted to a motion sensor being activated in a living room on Lariat Circle. Instead of just brushing it off as a false alarm, Boca police responded and say they found Gissomme in the area. They stopped him, questioned him, and later arrested him.
We don’t want to be preachy here, but it’s a great lesson for anyone — us included — who often wonder if $20-$30 a month for alarm monitoring is worth it. Turns out it is. Gissome is still being held on $15,000 bond.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area