BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The cooler temperatures and persistent winds are leading the national weather service to issue a hazardous weather outlook for South Palm Beach County and other areas of South Florida. Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version: if you’re heading to the beach, just be careful if you head into the ocean.
Here’s the full rundown:
...SLIGHT RISK OF WATERSPOUTS ATLANTIC WATERS... ...SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ATLANTIC BEACHES... THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA. .DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT RIP CURRENTS: WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO SHIFT TO THE NORTHEAST BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON, RESULTING IN A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTIC BEACHES. WAVES: SEAS IN THE GULF STREAM ARE EXPECTED TO BUILD UP TO 8 FEET LATE TONIGHT. WATERSPOUTS: CONVERGING CLOUD LINES WILL RESULT IN A SLIGHT RISK OF WATERSPOUTS OVER THE ATLANTIC WATERS THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY MODERATE NORTHEAST WINDS FRIDAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND WILL LEAD TO AN ELEVATED RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTIC BEACHES. SEAS IN THE GULF STREAM ARE FORECAST TO BUILD UP TO 9 FEET FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER