BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The cooler temperatures and persistent winds are leading the national weather service to issue a hazardous weather outlook for South Palm Beach County and other areas of South Florida. Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version: if you’re heading to the beach, just be careful if you head into the ocean.
Here’s the full rundown:
...SLIGHT RISK OF WATERSPOUTS ATLANTIC WATERS... ...SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ATLANTIC BEACHES... THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA. .DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT RIP CURRENTS: WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO SHIFT TO THE NORTHEAST BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON, RESULTING IN A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTIC BEACHES. WAVES: SEAS IN THE GULF STREAM ARE EXPECTED TO BUILD UP TO 8 FEET LATE TONIGHT. WATERSPOUTS: CONVERGING CLOUD LINES WILL RESULT IN A SLIGHT RISK OF WATERSPOUTS OVER THE ATLANTIC WATERS THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY MODERATE NORTHEAST WINDS FRIDAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND WILL LEAD TO AN ELEVATED RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTIC BEACHES. SEAS IN THE GULF STREAM ARE FORECAST TO BUILD UP TO 9 FEET FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing