BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Gary Costa of Boca Raton is in the Broward County Jail following a fatal accident overnight with a Lighthouse Point police car. According to police and other local media reports, Costa apparently lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the police car in the area of East Copans and North Federal Highway. His female passenger died in the crash. Her name has not yet been released.
The officers involved were not seriously injured.
Costa is being held on the following charges: “DUI Causing Death To Any Human,” “DUI With Damage To Property or Person,” “Failure To Use Due Care,” “Possession of Alprazolam — Xanax.” His Bond is set at $12,000.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?