BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Gary Costa of Boca Raton is in the Broward County Jail following a fatal accident overnight with a Lighthouse Point police car. According to police and other local media reports, Costa apparently lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the police car in the area of East Copans and North Federal Highway. His female passenger died in the crash. Her name has not yet been released.
The officers involved were not seriously injured.
Costa is being held on the following charges: “DUI Causing Death To Any Human,” “DUI With Damage To Property or Person,” “Failure To Use Due Care,” “Possession of Alprazolam — Xanax.” His Bond is set at $12,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Fainting At The Jewelry Exchange, Sick At Publix, Trauma At A Park
- Area Realtor Charged With DUI In Delray Beach
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony