BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Gary Costa of Boca Raton is in the Broward County Jail following a fatal accident overnight with a Lighthouse Point police car. According to police and other local media reports, Costa apparently lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the police car in the area of East Copans and North Federal Highway. His female passenger died in the crash. Her name has not yet been released.
The officers involved were not seriously injured.
Costa is being held on the following charges: “DUI Causing Death To Any Human,” “DUI With Damage To Property or Person,” “Failure To Use Due Care,” “Possession of Alprazolam — Xanax.” His Bond is set at $12,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing