BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Gary Costa of Boca Raton is in the Broward County Jail following a fatal accident overnight with a Lighthouse Point police car. According to police and other local media reports, Costa apparently lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the police car in the area of East Copans and North Federal Highway. His female passenger died in the crash. Her name has not yet been released.
The officers involved were not seriously injured.
Costa is being held on the following charges: “DUI Causing Death To Any Human,” “DUI With Damage To Property or Person,” “Failure To Use Due Care,” “Possession of Alprazolam — Xanax.” His Bond is set at $12,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent