BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lavont Lee Davis faces multiple sentences of life in prison after a Palm Beach County Jury today convicted him of first degree murder, burglary with an assault with a firearm, and attempted robbery with a firearm following the grusome murder of a Boca Raton woman.
The jury agreed with prosecutors who said Davis, now 22, entered the home of Dawn Ruvolo with the intent to rob her and a guest at gunpoint. Davis’ gun discharged during the robbery, striking and killing Ms. Ruvolo. Davis then fled the residence.
Dawn Ruvolo lived in the Watergate Mobile Home Park at 10564 228th Lane South. Her official cause of death was “single gunshot wound to the head.”
Davis will be sentenced on January 17, 2012.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks