BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lavont Lee Davis faces multiple sentences of life in prison after a Palm Beach County Jury today convicted him of first degree murder, burglary with an assault with a firearm, and attempted robbery with a firearm following the grusome murder of a Boca Raton woman.
The jury agreed with prosecutors who said Davis, now 22, entered the home of Dawn Ruvolo with the intent to rob her and a guest at gunpoint. Davis’ gun discharged during the robbery, striking and killing Ms. Ruvolo. Davis then fled the residence.
Dawn Ruvolo lived in the Watergate Mobile Home Park at 10564 228th Lane South. Her official cause of death was “single gunshot wound to the head.”
Davis will be sentenced on January 17, 2012.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation