BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lavont Lee Davis faces multiple sentences of life in prison after a Palm Beach County Jury today convicted him of first degree murder, burglary with an assault with a firearm, and attempted robbery with a firearm following the grusome murder of a Boca Raton woman.
The jury agreed with prosecutors who said Davis, now 22, entered the home of Dawn Ruvolo with the intent to rob her and a guest at gunpoint. Davis’ gun discharged during the robbery, striking and killing Ms. Ruvolo. Davis then fled the residence.
Dawn Ruvolo lived in the Watergate Mobile Home Park at 10564 228th Lane South. Her official cause of death was “single gunshot wound to the head.”
Davis will be sentenced on January 17, 2012.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School