BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested two people, Tasering one, following a traffic stop that ended up revealing drugs and outstanding warrants.
It happened in the 3700 block of Federal Highway. Leighgwen McClendon was arrested for possession of marijuana. As McClendon was taken into custody, passenger Kelvarrio Adams was placed into custody for two Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office warrants and one from Indian River County. While being cuffed, Adams became combative and fought with Boca Police — he then fled on foot. Police Tasered him multiple times and ultimately got him into the police car. He was turned over the Palm Beach County Jail and is being held — by our count — on 20 charges including battery on a law enforcement officer and selling cocaine.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested