BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested two people, Tasering one, following a traffic stop that ended up revealing drugs and outstanding warrants.
It happened in the 3700 block of Federal Highway. Leighgwen McClendon was arrested for possession of marijuana. As McClendon was taken into custody, passenger Kelvarrio Adams was placed into custody for two Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office warrants and one from Indian River County. While being cuffed, Adams became combative and fought with Boca Police — he then fled on foot. Police Tasered him multiple times and ultimately got him into the police car. He was turned over the Palm Beach County Jail and is being held — by our count — on 20 charges including battery on a law enforcement officer and selling cocaine.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected