BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested two people, Tasering one, following a traffic stop that ended up revealing drugs and outstanding warrants.
It happened in the 3700 block of Federal Highway. Leighgwen McClendon was arrested for possession of marijuana. As McClendon was taken into custody, passenger Kelvarrio Adams was placed into custody for two Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office warrants and one from Indian River County. While being cuffed, Adams became combative and fought with Boca Police — he then fled on foot. Police Tasered him multiple times and ultimately got him into the police car. He was turned over the Palm Beach County Jail and is being held — by our count — on 20 charges including battery on a law enforcement officer and selling cocaine.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Home Values Dropping, Selling Fast
- Rental Assistance Offered By City of Boynton Beach
- Florida Residents Scammed By Former NFL Player Says DOJ
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary