BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested two people, Tasering one, following a traffic stop that ended up revealing drugs and outstanding warrants.
It happened in the 3700 block of Federal Highway. Leighgwen McClendon was arrested for possession of marijuana. As McClendon was taken into custody, passenger Kelvarrio Adams was placed into custody for two Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office warrants and one from Indian River County. While being cuffed, Adams became combative and fought with Boca Police — he then fled on foot. Police Tasered him multiple times and ultimately got him into the police car. He was turned over the Palm Beach County Jail and is being held — by our count — on 20 charges including battery on a law enforcement officer and selling cocaine.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge