BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The U.S. Secret Service working with the Boca Raton Police Department made several arrests after extensive surveillance on a Walgreens and two CVS pharmacy locations in Boca Raton. Arrested were Eric Pratt, 28, and Albrieon Smith, 19, and Lonnie Balam who is 40. The trio were seen passing counterfeit $100 bills.
Smith was charged with “Fraud: Utter False Bank Bill Note Check Drafti” and “Fraud: Swindle, Obtain Property Under 20k Dollars.” Cops also added marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license for good measure.
Pratt was charged with “Fraud: Utter False Bank Bill Note Check Draft,” “Fraud: Swindle-Obtain Property Under 20k Dollars,” and “Marijuana Possession — Not More Than 20 Grams.”
Lonnie Balam has quite a history with law enforcement in Palm Beach County. Among other accusations, he faced at least 10 charges of “Crimes Against Person – -Corrupt By Threat Public Servant or Family” over the summer. He also was arrested in November for failing to appear at a hearing, and has been bestowed the title of “Habitual Offender” due to traffic violations. This time around he faces the same charges as the others.
All three are out on bond.
We are told the investigation is “ongoing,” which suggests those arrested may be small fish in a much bigger pond. BocaNewsNow.com will update this story as we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School