BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The U.S. Secret Service working with the Boca Raton Police Department made several arrests after extensive surveillance on a Walgreens and two CVS pharmacy locations in Boca Raton. Arrested were Eric Pratt, 28, and Albrieon Smith, 19, and Lonnie Balam who is 40. The trio were seen passing counterfeit $100 bills.
Smith was charged with “Fraud: Utter False Bank Bill Note Check Drafti” and “Fraud: Swindle, Obtain Property Under 20k Dollars.” Cops also added marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license for good measure.
Pratt was charged with “Fraud: Utter False Bank Bill Note Check Draft,” “Fraud: Swindle-Obtain Property Under 20k Dollars,” and “Marijuana Possession — Not More Than 20 Grams.”
Lonnie Balam has quite a history with law enforcement in Palm Beach County. Among other accusations, he faced at least 10 charges of “Crimes Against Person – -Corrupt By Threat Public Servant or Family” over the summer. He also was arrested in November for failing to appear at a hearing, and has been bestowed the title of “Habitual Offender” due to traffic violations. This time around he faces the same charges as the others.
All three are out on bond.
We are told the investigation is “ongoing,” which suggests those arrested may be small fish in a much bigger pond. BocaNewsNow.com will update this story as we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing