BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has been tipped to the appointment of Kathy Schilling, MD, as the new medical director of its Christine E. Lynne Women’s Health and Wellness Institute.
According to the hospital, “Dr. Schilling joined Boca Raton Regional Hospital in 1988 and became the Medical Director of Imaging and Intervention for the Center for Breast Care at the Women’s Health & Wellness Institute two years later. Under her stewardship, the Center has become the most experienced and comprehensive program in the region, performing over 90,000 diagnostic and therapeuticprocedures a year.
An internationally-renowned radiologist and pioneering researcher in the field of women’s breast health, Dr. Schilling performed the world’s first positron emission mammography (PEM) biopsyat Boca Regional. She authored a subsequent study that showed that PEM and breast MRI had comparably high ability to detect cancerous lesions.
Dr. Schilling is also the principle investigator of the SOMO-INSIGHT 3D Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUS) technology for the detection of cancer in women with dense breasts. The Hospital is one of six sites nationally participating in this clinical research study.
Dr. Schilling attended the University of Miami School of Medicine. She completed her internship at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami and completed her residency and fellowship programs at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami where she served as Chief Resident of Radiology. In 2001, she was awarded the Weizmann Institute of Science Women of Vision Award.”
“It is with great pleasure to announce the appointment of Dr. Schilling to Medical Director of the Institute,” said Jerry Fedele, President & Chief Executive Officer of Boca Raton Regional Hospital. “She has demonstrated significant leadership capabilities at the Center for Breast Careand her contributions to women’s healthcare and research are immeasurable. We are most confident that she will play an integral role in the evolution of the Women’s Institute.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation