DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office tells us that 86 year old Renee Matilsky is in stable condition at Delray Medical Center after a freak accident involving her own car. Police say she was trying to park her car in the 15000 Block of Pembridge Drive in Delray Beach when she struck a parked vehicle. She tried to get away from the parked vehicle by putting the Camry in reverse.
Matilsky told police she tried to put the vehicle in gear but couldn’t, so she just got out of the car — a Toyota Camry — and tried to walk away while the car was still in reverse.
As she got out of the car, it started to move backwards, knocking Matilsky to the ground. It then rolled over her leg and pinned her underneath the vehicle.
Luckily, a passerby saw her stuck under the car and helped her get out — then called for help.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School