DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office tells us that 86 year old Renee Matilsky is in stable condition at Delray Medical Center after a freak accident involving her own car. Police say she was trying to park her car in the 15000 Block of Pembridge Drive in Delray Beach when she struck a parked vehicle. She tried to get away from the parked vehicle by putting the Camry in reverse.
Matilsky told police she tried to put the vehicle in gear but couldn’t, so she just got out of the car — a Toyota Camry — and tried to walk away while the car was still in reverse.
As she got out of the car, it started to move backwards, knocking Matilsky to the ground. It then rolled over her leg and pinned her underneath the vehicle.
Luckily, a passerby saw her stuck under the car and helped her get out — then called for help.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks