BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what has to be one of the saddest stories we’ll report this holiday week, a 73 year old woman was arrested after she allegedly stole a $38 “fruit cake” from Saks 5th Avenue at the Boca Town Center Mall.
Linda Novick, according to police, “lives at large,” (this really is sad), had no identification at the time of her arrest, and was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. In what we can only assume — or hope — was a very kind judge (we’re thinking Harry Stone from NightCourt), Novick was released with the notation “time served” on her record.
We do not know where she is now, or where she will be spending the holidays.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance