BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what has to be one of the saddest stories we’ll report this holiday week, a 73 year old woman was arrested after she allegedly stole a $38 “fruit cake” from Saks 5th Avenue at the Boca Town Center Mall.
Linda Novick, according to police, “lives at large,” (this really is sad), had no identification at the time of her arrest, and was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. In what we can only assume — or hope — was a very kind judge (we’re thinking Harry Stone from NightCourt), Novick was released with the notation “time served” on her record.
We do not know where she is now, or where she will be spending the holidays.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again