BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what has to be one of the saddest stories we’ll report this holiday week, a 73 year old woman was arrested after she allegedly stole a $38 “fruit cake” from Saks 5th Avenue at the Boca Town Center Mall.
Linda Novick, according to police, “lives at large,” (this really is sad), had no identification at the time of her arrest, and was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. In what we can only assume — or hope — was a very kind judge (we’re thinking Harry Stone from NightCourt), Novick was released with the notation “time served” on her record.
We do not know where she is now, or where she will be spending the holidays.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge