BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what has to be one of the saddest stories we’ll report this holiday week, a 73 year old woman was arrested after she allegedly stole a $38 “fruit cake” from Saks 5th Avenue at the Boca Town Center Mall.
Linda Novick, according to police, “lives at large,” (this really is sad), had no identification at the time of her arrest, and was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. In what we can only assume — or hope — was a very kind judge (we’re thinking Harry Stone from NightCourt), Novick was released with the notation “time served” on her record.
We do not know where she is now, or where she will be spending the holidays.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens