BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man has been charged with leaving the scene of a serious accident that left his car partially submerged in a canal. We reported on the accident earlier. Read the story by clicking here.
Here’s the update from Boca Raton Police: “Boca Raton officers are investigating an early morning single vehicle crash in the Camino Gardens section of the city. Shortly before 6:00 am, Boca Raton Police received a 911 call indicating a car had crashed into the canal at 400 West Camino Gardens Blvd. While the passenger of the vehicle managed to escape with minor injuries, he was unsure if the driver made it out.
The Boca Raton Police Services Dive Team, Police Marine Patrol, Delray Beach Fire Rescue and Boca Raton Fire Rescue conducted an exhaustive search of the canal, rendered aid, and assisted with the removal of the vehicle. More than two hours later, the driver of the vehicle was located a short distance away attempting to conceal himself from officers. He refused to cooperate with investigators. Tyler Hanley, 19, was arrested for leaving the scene of a crash resulting in damage to the vehicle and property, and for failing to give information and render aid.”
PHOTO: TYLER HANLEY BOOKING PHOTO (Last Known Address: 300 Block of NE 7th Street, Boca Raton) | Courtesy Boca Raton Police
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance