BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man has been charged with leaving the scene of a serious accident that left his car partially submerged in a canal. We reported on the accident earlier. Read the story by clicking here.
Here’s the update from Boca Raton Police: “Boca Raton officers are investigating an early morning single vehicle crash in the Camino Gardens section of the city. Shortly before 6:00 am, Boca Raton Police received a 911 call indicating a car had crashed into the canal at 400 West Camino Gardens Blvd. While the passenger of the vehicle managed to escape with minor injuries, he was unsure if the driver made it out.
The Boca Raton Police Services Dive Team, Police Marine Patrol, Delray Beach Fire Rescue and Boca Raton Fire Rescue conducted an exhaustive search of the canal, rendered aid, and assisted with the removal of the vehicle. More than two hours later, the driver of the vehicle was located a short distance away attempting to conceal himself from officers. He refused to cooperate with investigators. Tyler Hanley, 19, was arrested for leaving the scene of a crash resulting in damage to the vehicle and property, and for failing to give information and render aid.”
PHOTO: TYLER HANLEY BOOKING PHOTO (Last Known Address: 300 Block of NE 7th Street, Boca Raton) | Courtesy Boca Raton Police
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High