BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As we slowly enter a new year here at BocaNewsNow.com, we are passing on the un-South Florida news that it’s going to be very cold this week. And we mean VERY cold. The National Weather Service is predicting northeast style lows on Tuesday and Wednesday, and the possibility of a wind chill and freeze warning be issued.
Here is their update:
A COLD FRONT WILL BRING A SURGE OF MUCH COLDER AIR ACROSS SOUTHFLORIDA MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH THE MID-WEEK PERIOD. OVERNIGHT LOWSARE FORECAST TO RANGE FROM THE LOW TO MID 30S ACROSS PORTIONS OFGLADES AND HENDRY COUNTIES TO THE MID TO UPPER 40S CLOSER TO THECOASTAL AREAS EARLY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY MORNING. WIND CHILLADVISORIES MAY ALSO BE NEEDED FOR THE MONDAY NIGHT PERIOD. ATTHIS TIME, IT APPEARS TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING WILL BETHE COLDEST NIGHT. TEMPERATURES COULD POTENTIALLY FALL BELOWFREEZING OVER PORTIONS OF GLADES, HENDRY, INLAND COLLIER, ANDINLAND PALM BEACH COUNTIES FOR A FEW HOURS WEDNESDAY MORNING AFTERMIDNIGHT THROUGH DAYBREAK. INTERESTS IN THESE AREAS ARE ENCOURAGEDTO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECAST FOR UPDATES AS A FREEZE WATCH MAY BE REQUIRED.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates