DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A victim of an armed robbery in Belle Glade early Monday morning died a short time ago at Delray Medical Center. According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, 49 year old James McMillan, of Belle Glade, was working as a clerk at the Alabama Georgia Grocery Store in the 700 block of SW Martin Luther King Blvd in Belle Glade. Around 6:30 this morning, a black man wearing a mask entered the store and attempted to commit armed robbery. The clerk was shot. He was rushed to Delray Medical Center’s trauma unit where he later died.
The murder becomes the first murder of 2012 in Palm Beach County.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates