DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A victim of an armed robbery in Belle Glade early Monday morning died a short time ago at Delray Medical Center. According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, 49 year old James McMillan, of Belle Glade, was working as a clerk at the Alabama Georgia Grocery Store in the 700 block of SW Martin Luther King Blvd in Belle Glade. Around 6:30 this morning, a black man wearing a mask entered the store and attempted to commit armed robbery. The clerk was shot. He was rushed to Delray Medical Center’s trauma unit where he later died.
The murder becomes the first murder of 2012 in Palm Beach County.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record