BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Forget the part where it seems every political figure in South Florida ends up under indictment at some point or another, serving your community is a great way to be involved. The City of Boca Raton has two council seats open. If you are interested in running, you must make your intentions clear by Saturday. Here is official release from the City of Boca Raton:
The City Council of Boca Raton recently adopted Ordinance 5182, which amends the City Charter to change the candidate qualifying dates from the first seven days of February to the first seven business days of January. The new dates are in effect for the March 13, 2012 municipal election.
The official qualifying period begins at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 and continues through Wednesday, January 11, 2012, ending promptly at 5:00 p.m. For the 2012 election, City Council Seats C and D will be open, each for a three (3) year term. Official qualifying packets are available in the Office of the City Clerk, 201 W. Palmetto Park Road.
Use this link for information on qualifying. Should you have a question, call the City Clerk’s Office at 561-393-7742.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday