BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are searching for at least one young male who allegedly punched and roughed up a 15 year old, then stole his skateboard. The police just issued the following advisory:
On Saturday, January 7, at 7:10 in the evening Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a robbery that occurred in the area of 1500 NE 5th Avenue.
The victim, a 15 year old male, told officers he was riding his skateboard south on the east sidewalk of NE 15th Avenue. As he approached NE 16th Street, he noticed a large group of males standing in the area. The victim told officers he was uncomfortable riding through the group, so he crossed over to the west sidewalk. As the victim crossed the street, five of the males followed him and one yelled, “Yo yo, come here.” The victim did not look or respond, and was then knocked off his skateboard by several punches to his back. The suspects took his skateboard and his wallet.
The victim described the suspect who hit him as a black male, approximately 17-19 years old, about 6’ tall, clean shaven and wearing a red shirt and dark jean shorts. The victim’s skateboard was recovered a short distance away. The victim was treated at the scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes