BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We appreciate that Boca Raton Police were only doing what they thought was correct when they stopped a red 2005 Jaguar on Military Trail. Their computer system — NCIC/FCIC — reported the vehicle as stolen. But can you imagine what must have been going through the driver’s mind as the officers approached the vehicle with what is likely the intensity that you would expect if you are an officer approaching a reportedly stolen car?
As it turns out, the Hull Police Department in Massachusetts entered the license plate of the car as “stolen” by mistake. It wasn’t stolen. Should have never been in the system. Boca PD let the driver — and vehicle — go without incident. We can only hope that the driver’s heart rate has returned to something near normal by now.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K