BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We appreciate that Boca Raton Police were only doing what they thought was correct when they stopped a red 2005 Jaguar on Military Trail. Their computer system — NCIC/FCIC — reported the vehicle as stolen. But can you imagine what must have been going through the driver’s mind as the officers approached the vehicle with what is likely the intensity that you would expect if you are an officer approaching a reportedly stolen car?
As it turns out, the Hull Police Department in Massachusetts entered the license plate of the car as “stolen” by mistake. It wasn’t stolen. Should have never been in the system. Boca PD let the driver — and vehicle — go without incident. We can only hope that the driver’s heart rate has returned to something near normal by now.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested