BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — State Attorney Michael McAuliffe’s office tells us that Lavonte Lee Davis was sentenced today to life in prison for the brutal murder of Dawn Ruvolo in a mobile home in unincorporated Boca Raton back in 2008, near U.S. 441 and Judge Winikoff Road. Evidence at trial, according to prosecutors, showed that on June 2, 2008, Davis entered Ruvolo’s home with the intent to rob her and a guest at gunpoint. Davis’ gun discharged during the robbery striking and killing Ruvolo. He then fled the scene.
You can read the Probable Cause affidavit by Clicking Here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today