WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just in from the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office — there was a fatal accident early this morning just yards from the Palm Beach International Airport. According to police, Israel Castillo, 26, may have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol when he “left the roadway driving over the median on James Turnage Blvd. He struck a traffic sign and traffic signal pole, and continue across James Turnage Blvd striking another traffic signal pole with the left side of the vehicle, and came to rest on the grass adjacent to the roadways. Castillo died as a result of his injuries suffered in the crash.”
Castillo lived in Greenacres.
PBSO tells us this is the sixth traffic fatality investigated by the department this year, which is just 25 days old.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students