BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Former Poinciana Elementary School Bookkeeper Lauren MacQueen will spend 10 years on probation, with the first under house arrest, for stealing $36,000 from the School District of Palm Beach County. She pled guilty today to one count of grand theft over $20,000, and one count of “official misconduct.”
According the office of State Attorney Michael McAuliffe, “The probable cause affidavit states that the defendant, while employed as Bookkeeper for Poinciana Elementary School in the Palm Beach County School District, engaged in a pattern of theft of cash, checks, and misuse of school purchasing cards to deprive the School District of approximately $36,000.00. Furthermore, the defendant falsified official records to conceal her thefts.”
She faced up to 20 years in prison. 10 years of probation seems to be a good deal.
You can read the affidavit by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit